Emana Duke is a house of representatives aspirant for Akpabuyo, Bakassi and Calabar south federal constituency. She is aspiring to give her people true, effective and people oriented representation at the National Assembly.
Here are a few things you need to know about her.
- Lady Emana Duke Amawhe is the daughter of renowned academics. Her father, Dr Andem Ita Effiong Etim Duke, is a Professor of Business Administration and Management Science and her mother, Princess Umo Ita Effiong Duke, is a respected educationist, sociologist, hotel management consultant and humanitarian. They have been married for 52 years.
2. Lady Emana Duke is a proud Efik Princess, from Esuk Mbat, Umo-Edem Royal House, Edem Odo, Edem Odo Ward in Akpabuyo LGA of Cross River State.
3. The Frontline house of representatives aspirant for Akpabuyo, Bakassi and Calabar south federal constituency, can be described as a true global citizen, having toured the world, either schooling or working. She obtained her First School leaving Certificate from the Salvation Army children school, Goldie Street and had her secondary education at the famous Holy Child Secondary School, Marian Hill, Calabar where she graduated with flying colours.
4. At a tender age, Lady Emana traveled the world widely, owing to her Father’s job as a United Nations Consultant and British Council Fellow. Touring almost the entire continent of the world, her exposure to several cultures, educational systemy and races, helped sharpen her leadership skills and love for humanitarian causes.
5. Her family house, where she spent part of her childhood years, is located at Edem Efio-Okoho street, around Bogobiri, ward 1 in Calabar south LGA.
6. She is an alumni of some of the world’s leading and largest graduate business schools like, INSEAD, France, The London Business School and London Academy of Media, Film and Television. She is also an alumni of the University of Ibadan, Nigeria.
7. Lady Emana is a member of several professional bodies including the Institute of Management Consultants, Nigeria and the Institute of Management Specialist, United Kingdom.
8. Her career in the media world spans years. Aside from being a prominent face on major television stations in Nigeria where she worked as a political/business journalist, her TV broadcast career with a leading television station, Channels TV, saw Lady Emana Duke anchoring and producing some of Nigeria’s most watched TV shows, like Newstrack @10, Sunrise Daily, including producing Nigeria’s most popular political TV show, Politics Today on Channels TV.
9. Lady Emana Duke is a proud daughter of Efik Kingdom and a prominent member of the Obong of Calabar Executive Forum, owing to her contributions to the development and preservation of Efik culture and people over time She is a Lady in the Royal Courts of the Obong of Calabar.
10. As a crisis management consultant, Lady Emana Duke has been involve in finding solutions for alot of states across Nigeria. At the peak of the covid-19 pandemic, she helped several state government formulate policy directions that helped navigate them out of economic and social challenges.
11. As a broadcast journalist, Lady Emana has played major role in asking key policy makers and important members of government questions that, has helped shape our national lives and advance the cause of our national growth and development.
12. A strong advocate of poverty eradication through education, Lady Emana believes that every child has a role to play in nation building.
13. Within the last 5 years, Lady Emana has consistently sponsored indigent children in secondary schools and the university. She has also sponsored the training of teachers in several secondary schools in the south south region of Nigeria and in Cross River State, including spearheading skills acquisition for Umo Edem family members in Akpabuyo and Calabar South LGA.
14. A member of the PDP and grassroot mobilizer, Lady Emana is a mother and she is married to Mr. Ambrose Amawhe.
15. The enormous financial and morale support Lady Emana gave to the PDP family in Akpabuyo, contributed to the victory of the party during the last state house of assembly bye election.
As delegates from Akpabuyo, Bakassi and Calabar south prepare to vote at the primaries for the candidate of the party. Please ensure you vote for who has the voice and stamina to work and truly represent the people of ABC federal constituency.